Hola, I'm Irma.
Thanks for stumbling on this page, glad you’re here. I’m real.
What I’m up to now
- Working on 2 side projects
- Full-time Product Manager
- Creating remote work and future of work content weekly
- Writing a post weekly on my blog
- Learning Nodejs
- CrossFit 2x a week
- Volunteering at a local food bank
About my background
- Broke into tech with a non-traditional educational background
- Taught myself Front-end Web Development and started shipping projects
- Fast forward 4+ years, I’ve consistently built and released products + features that solve customer problems
- Worked with distributed and local Engineering, QA, and Design teams
- Conducted a number of customer discovery and research sessions
- Applied Human Interaction Design principles and design thinking to products and systems
- Formed resources around maintaining healthy remote work environments
- Consistently try to connect with underrepresnted and Latinx folks in tech
- Using my Psychology degree in my day-to-day as a PM (which is great because that tuition was EXPENSIVE….)
- Oh! I also rock climb, play guitar and make Youtube videos when I’m not deep in tech
What I’m reading
An Elegant Puzzle: Systems of Engineering Management - buy here
Once I’m done with this one I’ll post a short review on my Youtube channel.